For any questions about City of Plainfield tax information, please contact the Tax Collector's Office at 908-753-3214 during business hours Monday to Friday from 9:00 AM to 5:00PM.
City of Plainfield Tax Collector
515 Watchung Avenue
Plainfield, NJ 07060
Click the SEARCH function (not the ENTER key) after you enter the data in the specific search parameter you want to use for your search (e.g. Account, Block or Lot, Street, Owner's (last/family) Name.)
- If you search by account number, you must enter the specific account number as it appears on the tax bill.
- If you search by block and lot identifiers, you must enter the specific account number as it appears on the tax bill.
- You can search on street name by entering the street name exactly as it is recorded in the tax records and displays on the tax bill; however, only the first 100 results that match that specified street name will display.
- You can search on owner's (last / family) name by entering the name exactly as it is recorded in the tax record and displays on the tax bill just several consecutive characters (numbers or letters - not case sensitive) contained in the tax record and the search result will display all entries.
- You can also perform a "wild card" search on either the street name or the owner's name by simply entering just several consecutive characters (numbers or letters - not case sensitive) that are contained in the tax record street name (e.g. enter just the letters mai for Main street for instance) and the search result will display only the first 100 results that match that specified search criteria.
Search by either Account Number, Block & Lot or Street Address.
Please note: The suffix of your address (e.g. Street, Road, Avenue, etc.) may be abbreviated in our records. If you do not find your property try searching without it, or try different versions (e.g. St, Rd, Ave, etc.).